Pages

Thursday 19 September 2019

Cross Country 2019




Yesterday it was cross country day at our school. The whole school sat on the concrete. We heard our house chants. We heard Hikianalia and Hine Moana. After that we had my team,Te Aurere and last was Hokule’a. The first ones to go were the year ones.They zoomed across the field. When it was the year 4 boys turn I was very nervous.

We were next we all went to the field and Mr Somerville had the clappers and clapped. I bolted as fast as I could but when we went through the gates, it was so muddy, that I slowly marched through it. Then I zoomed as fast as I could,  gasping for air, I finally approached Ms King. I was so exhausted. But when I was really near the finish line, I was amazed and proud of myself for finishing the race. 

My legs were covered in mud. I was  breathless. I jogged to go and get a water bottle I drank so much water. I was playing some hand games with Sapphire while we were waiting for the year eight to finish. Sometimes I like cross country and sometimes I hate cross country. Next year  I am not coming to cross country because a lot of unpleasant things happened during the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.